As a new term starts and we return to school we would like to share with parents/carers some important information about Covid 19 .
Covid 19 is still in our communities. We must all continue to be vigilant including in schools. We are advised to continue with the system of controls in school:
- Staff, visitors and pupils should NOT attend school if they have Covid 19 or have symptoms of Covid 19
- Anyone with symptoms of Covid 19 should immediately book a PCR test ( not a lateral flow test)
- If the child’s PCR test is negative , they can return to school
- If the test is positive they must isolate ( stay at home and not go out ) for 10 days .
- They must inform school , AND Test and Trace who will then carry out close contact tracing. Schools no longer have to carry out this role.
- From 16th August anyone under 18 or who is fully vaccinated does not have to isolate if they are identified as close contact, unless they themselves have Covid symptoms.
- Continue to practice good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- Continue to have enhanced cleaning procedures in school.
- Staff can wear face coverings in school should they wish to. Parents can also choose to wear face coverings on school grounds and all visitors in the building should wear a face covering.